The Clerke Rocks are a group of small rocky islands some 35 miles (56 km) southeast of South Georgia that extend 5 miles (8 km) from east to west.
The Clerke Rocks include The Office Boys (Spanish: Los Mandaderos) at the northeastern end and Nobby (Spanish: Islote Llamativo or Roca Notable) at the southeastern end of the group.
The islands were discovered in 1775 by a British expedition under Captain James Cook, who named them for Charles Clerke, an officer on HMS Resolution, who first saw the rocks.
As on the Shag Rocks, cormorants make up a large part of the bird population.
The islands belong to the British Overseas Territory of South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands and are also claimed by Argentina as part of Tierra del Fuego Province.